Dr. Rick Jardon: Cowesett Chiropractic, 821-6092
Dr. Jardon was born and raised in Rhode Island. After attending LaSalle Academy, he went on to receive his Bachelors Degree from the University of Vermont in 1981, where he studied in the Pre-Medical education program. He received his Doctorate from the National University of the Health Sciences outside of Chicago in 1985.
Dr. Jardon returned to Rhode Island in 1986 and worked as an associate at the Redleaf Wellness Center in Providence. In 1987, he opened Jardon Chiropractic Clinic on Quaker Lane in West Warwick. In 1991, he took on an associate, Dr. Andrew Crellin, and in 1992 moved the practice to its present location on Cowesett Avenue naming it Cowesett Chiropractic.
My Treatment Philosophy
Although Chiropractic care does not involve the use of drugs or surgery, I have always believed that an integrative approach to care of the spine and musculoskeletal system is essential. It is important to start with the most conservative measures of care (those with the least side effects) such as chiropractic and physical therapy before considering less conservative approaches such as surgery.
Over my 25 years of practice, I have developed a network of medical physicians, physical therapists, nutritionists, fitness instructors, message therapists and others who share my philosophy. So if we can’t handle your care, chances are we know others who can.
In my eyes, there is nothing more important than good communication between doctor and patient. That starts with your first visit, where I will sit down with you and take a very thorough consult so that I know exactly what you’re feeling. An exam will follow to get another piece of the puzzle. Finally, I may order further testing such as x-rays or an MRI. Often, you will receive therapy on that first visit to lend you relief of your symptoms.
Since I strongly believe that the more you understand about your condition, the more you are likely to follow recommendations that will optimize your results. I will go over your consult, exam, test findings and diagnosis with you on your second visit called your “Report of Findings”. A treatment plan will be recommended so that you will know what to expect in your recovery. You will be encouraged to ask any questions you may have so that you fully understand our ‘game plan’.
About Me, continued…
Dr. Rick Jardon, a Rhode Island native, currently resides in Narragansett. He was born and raised in Pawtucket attending St. Mary’s School before going on to La Salle Academy where he graduated with honors. He then went on to graduate from the University of Vermont’s Pre-Medical Program. Dr. Jardon earned his doctorate at the National University in Chicago.
Dr. Jardon returned to Rhode Island in 1986 where he associated at the Redleaf Wellness Center until he opened Jardon Chiropractic Clinic on Quaker Lane (Rte. 2).
Dr. Crellin joined Dr. Jardon in 1991. They moved to Cowesett Avenue in 1992 and renamed it Cowesett Chiropractic and Physical Therapy. Several years later, Sport and Spine Physical Therapy opened next door creating a close association to handle most any type of musculoskeletal condition.
Dr. Jardon is very active in the hockey community in Rhode Island, having served as a coach, referee, team physician and Hockey Dad over the past 13 years. He still plays in a men’s league twice weekly as well. Besides hockey, he regularly attends the gym for strength and conditioning to make sure he practices what he preaches.
Having extensive post graduate training in orthopedics, sports injuries and rehabilitation (particularly neck, back, and related spinal disorders), my speciality involves those conditions. The following conditions are common disorders treated effectively in our clinic:
- Disc injuries such as slipped, bulging and herniated discs
- Arthritis of the back, neck, shoulders and hips
- Rotator cuff injuries
National University of the Health Sciences
Doctor of Chiropractic Degree, 1985
University of Vermont
Bachelor’s Degree, 1981
LICENSES & CREDENTIALS
- Rhode Island Chiropractic License 1986
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Diploma of Orthopedics Degree eligible
- Cox Flexion/Distraction
- Various Soft Tissue Techniques
What makes Dr Jardon different?
- Over 25 years of experience
- New patients often seen immediately
- 95% of appointments on time
- First and second visits require 1 hour
- Follow-up visits (treatments) require 1/2 an hour.
- Beautiful office that makes you feel at home
- Easy access, on-site parking – Just steps to the office and no stairs to contend with
- Personable, fun staff whose sole objective is to assist you make you feel comfortable. We go the extra mile for you.
- Professional but approachable – Dr. Jardon prides himself on being thorough and is praised for his ability to explain things so every patient can understand. Dr. Jardon knows how important communication is in establishing a good doctor-patient relationship.
- Honest, appropriate care – Dr. Jardon wants to be your chiropractor and wants you to be confident in referring family and friends to him. Dr. Jardon’s reputation in the Kent County area is unsurpassed. He has been creating a practice built not only on excellent results, but on trust and understanding.
More Important Pages